Not for sale in the United States. For investigational use only.
The concept of SONAS® describes a portable, battery-powered ultrasound device designed for the non-invasive, transcranial diagnosis of major strokes. SONAS™ utilizes ultrasound microbubbles. Proprietary signal detection algorithms have been developed to assess brain perfusion semi-quantitatively in a comparable fashion (right vs. left hemisphere) and to adapt automatically the acoustic output power to the patient. Signal analysis tools aid in the detection of major ischemic and hemorrhagic events. The SONAS™ Device carries Bluetooth and wireless technology.
- portable, battery-powered
- aids in detection of major strokes (ischemia, hemorrhage)
- utilizes ultrasound microbubbles
- use of proprietary signal detection algorithms
- high signal detection sensitivity
- favorable safety (low output power)
- cost effective